We compiled numerous photos coming out of Sha’erat air base after it was targeted by U.S. Tomahawk cruise missiles on Friday morning.
What’s known until this hour:
- Most destroyed jets were Mig-23s (6), Su-22 bombers mostly unharmed.
- The strikes targeted the eastern side of the air base most.
- Of the 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles fired, 23 struck the air base, 36 did not (according to Russia).
- A Syrian S-125 SAM site in the air base was targeted killing at least 3 Syrian soldiers.
- Most of the Syrian soldiers killed were from the Syrian air defense units.
- A radar locator, supply warehouse and a training center were also destroyed.
- A 2K12 Kub (SA-6) air defense system(s) has been seen intact.
- Unconfirmed reports that Tomahawk cruise missiles were shot down over the Syrian coast.
- Russian Admiral Grigorovich-class frigate (cruise-missile launcher) crossed the Bosphorus towards Syria.